Good reading today:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
--Antoine de St. Exupery
A tuning fork is a small tool that is used to tune musical instruments. It is tapped softly and then set down. As it vibrates, it gives off a musical tone. When its vibrations perfectly match the vibrations of the note played on the instrument, the instrument is in tune. When the note matches the tuning fork, this can be both felt and heard.
Our hearts work like a tuning fork. When the heart feels completely in tune with a decision or thought or action in our lives, then we know it is the right one for us. We can actually feel the harmony inside our bodies.
Sometimes what we know deep in our hearts gets clouded over by doubts and questions and other people's opinions and judgments. We need to clear away such clouds and listen to our hearts, for our hearts carry the wisdom of God.
Am I in tune with my heart today?
Today, I am grateful for:
1. The ability to say 'no', especially things/people/events that do not enhance my serenity.
2. A clean, quiet bed to sleep in by myself.
3. Dating standards
4. Being more 'in tune' with myself and my Inner Children
5. People in recovery to be of service to
6. A.H. - for her friendship and her recovery showing me new directions to go in my own recovery.
7. An automatic sprinkler system
8. Magazines, especially ones about writing and cooking.
9. Air conditioning